[BlueOnyx:17417] logrotate error on 5208R

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Sun Apr 12 14:57:22 -05 2015

I only have one 5208R ox so I can't confirm if this is just my system or
all 5208R boxes.

There seems to be no external signs of anything breaking however for the
last two weeks (ish) the following line has appeared in the message logs...

Apr 12 06:27:42 server logrotate: ALERT exited abnormally with [1]

... we investigated and it seems to be caused by the
/etc/logrotate.d/sitestats logrotate config, specifically the prerotate
command of `/usr/local/sbin/split_logs net < /var/log/ipacct`.

This is the output we get from the command...

sh: -': invalid option
Usage: sh [GNU long option] [option] ...
sh [GNU long option] [option] script-file ...
GNU long options:
--debug
--debugger
--dump-po-strings
--dump-strings
--help
--init-file
--login
--noediting
--noprofile
--norc
--posix
--protected
--rcfile
--rpm-requires
--restricted
--verbose
--version
Shell options:
-irsD or -c command or -O shopt_option (invocation only)
-abefhkmnptuvxBCHP or -o option
[...]
error: error running non-shared prerotate script for /var/log/ipacct of
'/var/log/ipacct '

... Is anyone else seeing this?

Thank you

Dan