[BlueOnyx:17448] Re: logrotate error on 5208R

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Apr 24 09:44:52 -05 2015

On 12/04/15 20:57, Dogsbody wrote:
> There seems to be no external signs of anything breaking however for the
> last two weeks (ish) the following line has appeared in the message logs...
>
> Apr 12 06:27:42 server logrotate: ALERT exited abnormally with [1]

I found it and I think it's related to the Awstats and Webilizer issues
reported elsewhere on the list too!!  :-)

Michael, the perl in /usr/local/sbin/split_logs is incorrect and results
in $Analog_cmd not being set which means Analog never runs.

=== OLD CODE ===
if (-f '/usr/bin/analogbx') {
         my $Analog_cmd      = '/usr/bin/analogbx';
}
else {
         my $Analog_cmd      = '/usr/bin/analog';
}

=== NEW CODE ===
my $Analog_cmd           = '/usr/bin/analog';
if (-f '/usr/bin/analogbx') {
         $Analog_cmd      = '/usr/bin/analogbx';
}

I hope this helps