[BlueOnyx:17452] Re: logrotate error on 5208R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 24 13:20:54 -05 2015

Hi Dan,

> I found it and I think it's related to the Awstats and Webilizer issues
> reported elsewhere on the list too!!  :-)
>
> Michael, the perl in /usr/local/sbin/split_logs is incorrect and results
> in $Analog_cmd not being set which means Analog never runs.
>
> === OLD CODE ===
> if (-f '/usr/bin/analogbx') {
>          my $Analog_cmd      = '/usr/bin/analogbx';
> }
> else {
>          my $Analog_cmd      = '/usr/bin/analog';
> }
>
> === NEW CODE ===
> my $Analog_cmd           = '/usr/bin/analog';
> if (-f '/usr/bin/analogbx') {
>          $Analog_cmd      = '/usr/bin/analogbx';
> }
>

> I hope this helps

Indeed, thank you! I'll publish a fix for this.

This is how this came about: On EL7 the RPM "anaconda" nowadays contains
a binary /usr/bin/analog, which previous versions didn't have. Of course
that conflicts with the binary from "analog".

So I built a new analog RPM for 5209R that renamed the binary to
/usr/bin/analogbx and modified base-sitestats accordingly.

Eventually I apparently pushed out the modified base-sitestats for
5207R/5208R as well. Without publishing the matching "analog" RPM that
changes the binary location.