[BlueOnyx:18235] Re: Changing Secondary DNS to Primary

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 24 12:20:32 -05 2015

On 8/24/2015 11:10 AM, Dr Martyn Bailey wrote:
> Is there an easy way to make the existing secondary records primary records?

Hi Martyn,
I'm just "thinking out loud" here, but I have this suggestion:

Step 1: Copy existing secondary zones to a new folder
(ie: /home/export/extra/)

Step 2: Remove secondary zones using BlueOnyx GUI.

Step 3: Use dnsImport to add zones as primary.
/usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsImport.pl /home/export/extra

I have not tried myself (I can try playing with it later) but it seems
like it should work.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services