[BlueOnyx:16951] Re: Adding MX records

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Wed Feb 4 10:19:25 -05 2015

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>> I have a 5106R and 5108R that Site Admin or DNS Admin are not able to
>> create MX records in the DNS.
>
> A good way to debug this is to run "tail -f /var/log/messages". Then
> perform the transaction that usually fails in the GUI and check the
> logfile output. There will be CCE SET transaction and a bit below it'll
> show which handlers did run and it might also show the error message.
>
> If I have a bugreport with the exact SET transaction, the info which
> handler failed and an error message, then that's always very helpful.
>
> I suspect the problem you report is related to siteAdmins with the
> privilege "siteDns" not having the rights to perform a SET transaction
> to a certain database field.

Thanks Michael, when I try tailing the log, I get absolutely no output
when adding an MX record logged in as a user with siteAdmin and siteDns
options selected. Again, all other DNS records add fine and I see the
output in the log when making those changes, just have problem with MX
records. This is on all 510x servers I am running.

--
Robert