[BlueOnyx:16948] Re: Adding MX records

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 4 01:07:08 -05 2015

Hi Robert,

> I have a 5106R and 5108R that Site Admin or DNS Admin are not able to
> create MX records in the DNS.

A good way to debug this is to run "tail -f /var/log/messages". Then
perform the transaction that usually fails in the GUI and check the
logfile output. There will be CCE SET transaction and a bit below it'll
show which handlers did run and it might also show the error message.

If I have a bugreport with the exact SET transaction, the info which
handler failed and an error message, then that's always very helpful.

I suspect the problem you report is related to siteAdmins with the
privilege "siteDns" not having the rights to perform a SET transaction
to a certain database field.