[BlueOnyx:17131] Re: Sorry, the email alias, admin, is already in use on this system. Please choose another.

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Feb 25 07:40:35 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

On 2/25/2015 12:15 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Really: My plate is kinda full right now. I'm updating ISO's, fixing
> critical bugs that people report, am two weeks behind with my plan to
> create PKGs for 5209R, still need to provide PHP-5.6 PKGs for all
> BlueOnyx platforms for the first time ... things like that.
>
> I'll try to wiggle it in, but I can make no promises as to when it will
> happen.

Yes, I sure understand.  I hope that I have not given the impression
with this discussion that I'm demanding an immediate fix.  Given the
business that we are in, I think most of us understand the concept of
work flow and there only being so much time in the day.

>> If there was a manual for CODB, I think we'd have a couple folks
>> hacking away at it.  (Me included).
>
> For anyone interested in this these three URLs would be a good start:
>
> http://wiki.blueonyx.it/info/about (after "Basic Architecture")
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/platform/alpine.mod/CHORIZO-readme.txt
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/utils/cce/docs
>
> The textfiles in cce/docs are ~15 years old and some of them contain
> wish-lists for future enhancements or things that no longer work exactly
> the way as documented. But around 90% of it is still a good read to get
> a good feel for how things work in general.

Thanks for this.   It's early in the day for me and so I may still be a
bit foggy, but I will give this a good look to see what I can make out
of it.  My background is not as a programmer, so it'll be interesting to
see how much I am able to digest!  ;)

> One of these days I *really* need to port the good bits of those
> documents over to the Wiki. That would be quite helpful.

Now, that's something I may be able to help with...

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services