[BlueOnyx:16799] roundqube 1.0.3 failing, 5108

Brian M toomanyhandles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:29:36 -05 2015

Hi all;

I am unable to get roundqube's webmail interface to work, error in the
UI is always "connection to storage server failed".

I don't check the roundqube install that often, usually I just use
'mail' from shell.

This was working perhaps 1.5 months ago, I am not sure when it broke.
I moved to 5108 via a clean install just to get roundcube (and
hopefully other webapps) working on a more modern base BX.

If I tail 100 /var/log/* and tail 100 /var/log/admserv/* nothing leaps
out as fatal errors.  If I check the roundcube logs for this vsite I
see:

[03-Jan-2015 14:00:22 -0500]: IMAP Error: Login failed for brian from
192.168.0.1. Could not connect to [domain]:143: Connection refused in
/home/.sites/28/site1/web/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php
on line 184 (POST /roundcube/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

I don't see any actual dovecot errors offhand, there aren't any IPs or
user blocked (I'm not using dfix2, just the basic free dfix).

Per the "installed software list" on the BX GUI I'm running the paid
Mod_PHP 5.5.8-1

I can update the customized, proprietary PHP version to 5.5.20.*, but
I am not at all convinced that is the primary problem.

Troubleshooting help much appreciated!

Thank you!

Brian.