[BlueOnyx:16819] Re: SSL Certs

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 6 21:26:57 -05 2015

Hi Richard,

On 1/6/2015 5:24 PM, Richard Barker wrote:
> My question is this...
> Can an SSL cert be installed on a server / vps but be used for
> other domains? LIke nss.com job.com or even mac.com

The short answer is "no".

A more complicated answer might be that with some complicated work with
DNS and proxies, including the remote DNS of whoever's browser you're
trying to trick, you *might* be able to do something of the sort, but I
think in the real world it would be more than a bit tricky.

For general purposes, I'll stick with my "no".  ;)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services