[BlueOnyx:17299] Re: Any ideas why...

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Mar 13 15:02:50 -05 2015

On 3/13/2015 1:10 PM, webmaster wrote:
> Group,
>
> I recently moved a client (and others per all my recent questions) from
> a 5108R to a 5207R
>
> One client does a very large csv import into prestashop.

SNIP

> Any ideas what might be slowing this down after the move?

One thing that comes to mind is you mentioned a switch from 5108R
(64-bit) to 5207R (32-bit).   Is that right?  Was that done for a
particular reason?

MySQL will almost always see performance gains on a 64-bit system as
compared with 32-bit.  Conversely, it follows that moving from 64 to 32
will hit you with some performance degradation.

Assuming that you went 32-bit on purpose, that could only be because you
installed on 32-bit hardware which, let's face it, is pretty long in the
tooth these days and unlikely to be setting any performance benchmarks.

So when you ask about performance issues with regard to MySQL, and you
mention a downgrade from a 64-bit OS to 32-bit, I am given to wonder
about some underlying hardware issues as well.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services