[BlueOnyx:17576] Re: Document root

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 12 00:45:35 -05 2015

Hi Greg,

> And if I remember correctly it does not install as root. It
> chowns them to either apache or nobody (I cannt remember).

Depends. I once changed it so that if you have suPHP enabled and a
"Website Owner" (siteAdmin) configured, then the WebApp Installer will
deploy apps and will chown them directly to the correct siteAdmin.

If suPHP is not used (or no siteAdmin is "owner" of the Vsite), then it
defaults to "apache".

Still: The usual caveats apply. We cannot chown to a siteAdmin if /web
uses more space than the siteAdmin has quota available.