[BlueOnyx:17587] Re: RAID1 failure BlueOnyx 5208R

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue May 12 15:44:53 -05 2015

Chuck Tetlow <chuck at ...> writes:

> >From that output Tom, one of your RAID drives is missing.
> It appears that sda does not have a partition included in either md0 or
md1 raid arrays.  You've probably got a failed/failing drive in the first
slot - sda.  There are other reasons that a single partition on one array
sometimes gets kicked out, like too many errors.  But for both sda1 and
sda2 to be lost from both raid arrays at the same time means you probably
have a failed drive.
> Its time to start making some serious backups, just in case that second
drive goes.  Do a cmuExport of every site on the box, all MySQL databases,
and copy it all off-box - just in case.  Then you can start troubleshooting
that failed drive.
> BTW - the RAID array /dev/md0 is one array device, from the size - I'd
guess its probably your /boot partition.  The /dev/md1 RAID array is
probably the rest of the drive and assigned with the usual BlueOnyx
partitions like SWAP, /, /home, /tmp, and /var.
> Chuck

It turns out the master drive was failing. I moved the slave to master and
installed a new drive. Now I have no raid, so I guess I have to redo that?