[BlueOnyx:17588] Re: RAID1 failure BlueOnyx 5208R

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue May 12 18:19:08 -05 2015

Tom <wcstaff at ...> writes:

> It turns out the master drive was failing. I moved the slave to master
and
> installed a new drive. Now I have no raid, so I guess I have to redo that?

Under the GUI it gives me this error message and instructions:
Your system is configured for disk mirroring (RAID 1) using 2 disks.

A hard drive has failed. Please shutdown the server appliance and replace
the failed hard drive with a new one that is the same size as the remaining
drive. Data will be restored to the replacement hard drive automatically.

I replaced the bad hard drive, however no automatic raid is happening. So
I'm assuming I have to manually create the raid? I've never done this
before but I guess there's always a first time.