[BlueOnyx:17591] Re: RAID1 failure BlueOnyx 5208R

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Wed May 13 00:03:18 -05 2015

> I can't answer for hardware raid, as how to handle that will depend on
the
> make and model of the card and what built-in utilities that may possess.
> Again, You'll have to consult the documentation for what you have.

Today is not my lucky day.:)
And I now can answer for a hardware raid. I did the hardware RAID, them
claiming it will copy the source to the secondary. It did and after that
the good drive won't boot. Both drives takes me to the same place the bad
drive stopped at, where you enter your root password to get to the prompt
or CTRL-D to reboot.

So I decided to just run the newest 5209 BlueOnyx. I downloaded the ISO 3
times from 3 different sites and it will not install. It claims it needs
479+ gigabytes and I only have 250 gigabytes. If I select both drives, it
then claims it needs 699 gigabytes and I only have 500 gigabytes. So I gave
up and am installing 5208.
Thanks for all the input.