[BlueOnyx:17603] Re: RAID1 failure BlueOnyx 5208R

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Wed May 13 08:26:23 -05 2015

> > > times from 3 different sites and it will not install. It claims it
needs
> > 479+ gigabytes and I only have 250 gigabytes. If I select both drives,
it
> > then claims it needs 699 gigabytes and I only have 500 gigabytes. So I
gave
> > up and am installing 5208.
>
> I can't address that.  Likely Michael can.  He's the BX guru.

Pulled an all niter and I am back up from scratch. Never could get the BX
5209 to install. It always said it needed more HD space. Same message after
increasing the drive size to 750gb. When I installed for a smaller system,
it installed, but the GUI had a lot of different errors and would not allow
me to add the second NIC. So I installed the latest ISO of 5208, then did a
YUM update.
Unfortunately I had to restore the hard way. CMU would not restore without
cmu.xml being present. I wish there was a work around, as there are so many
message threads about the same error. So I unzipped all the backup files,
then manually added the domains and users and FTP'd all the website files.

Is there a way to use CMU like RaQBackup for a daily backup. I always run
backups. But would love to have a cmu.xml file so CMU would work to
restore. It was a piece of cake when I migrated my servers to 5208R from
the previous version, using CMU.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Never Give Up, Never Surrender!