[BlueOnyx:17610] cmu.xml

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Fri May 15 11:08:13 -05 2015

First let me say thank you to all who gave me input for my last server
crash. I learned a lot. So maybe I can pay it forward a little.

 I have read where many, including me, have complained, that when we
use "RaqBackup.sh" to backup our servers, and need to perform a CMU
restore/migration, the "cmu.xml" file is missing, in the backup.

Actually the "cmu.xml" file is not missing. What happens is, if you
use "RaqBackup.sh" to do your backups, it tars all .xml files, then deletes
all .xml files. Then it puts, via FTP, all tar.gz files to the remote
backup server.

In the end, "cmu.xml" is located in "hostname.domainname.cmu-xml-
files.tar.gz", on the remote backup server.

 So next time you need to restore or migrate,
untar "hostname.domainname.cmu-xml-files.tar.gz" and copy cmu.xml to
your "/home/restore" dir, or your backup dir and you will not get the error
message.