[BlueOnyx:17620] Re: Server unable to start named and shell gone iffy

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun May 17 16:50:25 -05 2015

On 5/17/2015 12:42 PM, Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web wrote:
> I've tried a few things with regards removing networks, even commenting out
> the lines in /etc/named.conf, but I think it should be loading from
> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf but it's not.  Trying to restart named now
> gives errors regarding rndc.  Not sure where to go with this.

Removing the "networks" via the GUI should be sufficient.

> Seems there are other services failing. SMTP it not working as expected so I
> think it might be time to wipe the server, unless anyone can guide me
> towards a cause and solution.
>
> All nudges and hints are greatfully received.

When you say that SMTP is not working as expected, what are the errors?
  Of course, if DNS is not functioning correctly, it would be reasonable
to expect some other problems as well, especially if you're looking to
yourself (127.0.0.1, or your server's public IP) for resolution.

I recognize this is rather vague advice, but generally speaking, the
better information you give us (ie: precise error or output) the better
others will be able to offer some suggestions.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services