[BlueOnyx:17648] Feature Request: Announcement List

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Thu May 21 04:43:39 -05 2015

Hello Michael and the other developers,

I am working with BlueOnyx and its predecessors now for some years. I think it is time to say thank you for all the work you do on keeping this project alive.

And now for the request ;)

What do you think about setting up a mailing list of its own in which new updates are getting announced, including the changelogs of the affected packages?

The background is of course that we had a problem with one of the last updates "base-apache-glue". This enforces better encryption algorithms in apache and a customer of ours had problems with an external appliction which is sporadicly feeding data to database on its website. Because we didn't know of the change we didn't test this special application and so the problem persisted one week until the customer was asking us.

With this special announcement list we could avoid this kind of problems, I think. At least it is in our responsibility to read the changelogs than before updating.

What do you think?

Tobias