[BlueOnyx:17700] Re: Enable PHP functions on Virtual Site

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 27 12:39:40 -05 2015

Hi,

> For installing TYPO3 on a Virtual Site I need access to following functions:
>
> system
> passthru
> shell_exec
> proc_open
> proc_nice
> ini_restore
>
> But these functions are disabled under Server Management - Security -
> PHP Settings. Is it possible to enable these functions for one
> Virtual Site?

No, sadly this affects the entire PHP stack on the server. So if you
*really* need all these functions, then you must remove their blocking
at the server level. Which means all Vsites can then use them again.

Security wise this isn't really idea and any PHP script that demands
such a wide range of critical functions is a bit suspicious to me. But I
guess this proves once more what a piece of garbage Typo3 is. :-)