[BlueOnyx:17725] new server setup

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Sun May 31 05:47:44 -05 2015

Since I was having so many problems with my server I decided it was for a
major upgrade. Thanks to everyone who helped with my RAID problems, and any
other problems.
With that said, after configuring the new server and using an IP address to
be able to access it, I used CMU and migrated everything over to the new
server. Everything migrated fine.
But I have one minor problem:
Because the migration, copied over all the DNS information, the software
added an alias for my primary server. So now when I try to change the
primary server, I get an error message "another interface or alias, with
the IP address xx.xxx.xxx.xx, already exists. The IP address for each
interface or alias must be unique". When I try to delete the alias IP
address that is actually my primary IP address, I can error "The network
interface cannot be disabled, because one or more sites are using the IP
address assigned to the interface.
How do I correct this?
Thanks in advance.
Tom