[BlueOnyx:18473] Re: Dovecot fatal error: Couldn't parse private ssl_key

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Oct 6 10:19:52 -05 2015

On 10/5/2015 3:56 AM, Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web wrote:
> Started getting this error and POP3 logins are failing:
>
> dovecot: pop3-login: Fatal: Couldn't parse private ssl_key:
> error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line: Expecting: ANY
> PRIVATE KEY
>
> I’ve looked at /etc/pki/dovecot directories and compared them with other
> servers which all look the same (have the same files, similar contents,
> etc).

Hi Richard,
Have you loaded a new certificate lately?   That would seem the most
likely culprit.   In some cases, I have found that keys will fail to
load properly when they are subject to LF (linefeed) errors.   Make sure
that your new cert, CA cert (if applicable) and of course the key look
to have proper breaks.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services