[BlueOnyx:18487] Re: BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.1-20151012.iso released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Oct 12 22:51:09 -05 2015

Hi Peter,

> I am new to this list and to BLueOnyx (but had deployed Cobalt RaQ2 and
> BlueQuartz before). Need some help with the installation.

Sure, no problem. And welcome to the list, Peter!

> 1. I am running into the "first yum update stalled" issue. I noticed you
> said you were creating another ISO, but I see that
>  <BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.1-BETA-20150907.iso> is still what's latest under
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/ISO/ ... is a new ISO going to be
> available soon? (when, please?)

Yeah, I had some issues pop up that ate all my time. Next I was working
on some fundamental updates which I wanted to include in the next ISO.
And one thing came to another. :p

But you're right: The recent CCEd update really throws a wrench into
5209R installs *if* people choose to run "yum update" during initial
setup. And we actually want people to run YUM update all the time and
not to shy away from it.

So I just rolled up a new 5209R ISO, which is available here:

http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/ISO/BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.1-20151012.iso

> 2. after the install, I pointed my browser to http://{my-5209R-ip-addr}/login
> and entered the required detailed on the GUI. When I got to "finish" page
> the GUI stalled there.

It shouldn't stall there for an extended period of time. 30 seconds
maybe. But not more. To "shake" it loose try a reboot and then go to the
GUI again. You might (or might not) have to do the web based setup
again. Depending on how far it went through first time around.

It was probably hanging due to a stuck CCEd handler - related to the
CCEd update from YUM. Which is kinda unpleasant. :-(

Or if you like: Try again with the most recent ISO that I just uploaded.

> 4. Would doing a manual install as instructed at:
> http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=5209r-manual-install circumvent the
> above issues?

Yes, it would. Or (if you use the old ISO) skip the YUM update right
after initial setup. Instead do the web based setup and once that's done
do a manual "yum update" from SSH or the console.

And of course: If you use the new ISO that I just uploaded it ought to
work fine either way.