[BlueOnyx:18526] Password characters

Dan Porter twinwolf.monitor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:39:44 -05 2015

I understood that Linux allows all printable characters for a password and
there is no limitation in length.   Normally, I set or change user
passwords from the command line rather than thru the BlueOnyx interface
simply because I am at the command line more often.

It appears that BlueOnyx must have some limitations as to what characters
it allows within a password because a password that contained the "&"
character was accepted at the command line but caused BlueOnyx to reject
when trying the web interface.   Does anyone know specifically which
characters are not permitted in a password and if there is any length
limitation?

Dan Porter
Twin Wolf Technology Group, LLC