[BlueOnyx:18341] Re: Errors after Mod PHP update on a 5108R

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sun Sep 6 17:31:49 -05 2015

Hi Tim.

> On 7 Sep 2015, at 6:33 am, webmaster <webmaster at oldcabin.net> wrote:
>
> Got an email saying there was new software available for my 5108R
>
> ###################################
>
> Please check the Software Updates menu if you wish to install any of the
> following packages:
>
> Name: Mod PHP
> Version: 5.4.24-1
> Vendor: Solarspeed.net
> Copyright: (c) 2006-2014 Solarspeed.net
> Type: complete
> /home/solarspeed/php/bin/php

Am I in a time warp? That package is from 2013...

Nov  5  2013 5108R-PHP-5.4.21-1.pkg

> Name: name
> Version: 5.5.08-1
> Vendor: vendor
> Copyright: copyright
> Type: complete
>
> ###################################
>

> Mod PHP installed fine
>
> name is giving me trouble.
> Installing thru the GUI failed twice so I am letting that one sit for now.
> What is name anyway?

This is probably it… Again, a bit of a time warp.

Jan 20  2014 5108R-PHP-5.5.8-1.pkg

> The problem
>
> After the update when I try to load up a Prestashop site (front end or
> back end) I am getting a white screen and seeing the below in the error log
>
> [client 68.185.168.128] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function
> mcrypt_decrypt() in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/classes/Rijndael.php on
> line 70
>
> I believe I "could" disable the mcrypt_decrypt thru the prestashop back
> end but..... I can get in there.
> White screen, same error in logs

First piece of advice, uninstall those packages and see if it helps with your prestashop issue.
Next piece of advice: Those are really old packages… Aside from being just old, they probably have vulnerabilities that are fixed in later versions. If you need a non standard PHP package - you should look at a renewal or new order in the store.

GK