[BlueOnyx:18352] Re: error since last YUM Update (5209R)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 9 22:09:56 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

> I've been receiving an error email for root reffering to
> Anacron Job 'cron.daily' since the YUM update that had the fixes for some err
> errors reported.
>
> The message is as follows:
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
>
> Warning: Truncating oversized referrer field

That's related to Webalizer and can be ignored.

> Also, when I try to log into my server from the actual server (keyboard,
> monitor connected), I'm not able to perform any prompt level tasks. The
> reason is there's a ton of info referring to my IP addresses, etc.,
> scrolling on the screen. I can CTRL-C out of it, but it eventually starts scrol
> scrolling again.

Yeah, the firewall dumps kernel related status messages to the console.
You can get around that by running "service apf stop" while you're on
the console. And when you're done start it again: "service apf start".

Or better: Do the maintenance from SSH.