[BlueOnyx:18360] Re: Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 16 10:09:06 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

> "Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum"
> Do I need to be worried and is there something I should do, or just ignore
> it? Nothing seems to be broken.

That's fine and you can ignore it. The RPM database keeps track of all
installed RPMs and their files. For no particular reason YUM is extra
picky if an RPM gets installed without usage of YUM. And our PKGs
contain RPMs that are installed directly with the RPM command and bypass
YUM.

That's where that informal message "Warning: RPMDB altered outside of
yum" comes from.