[BlueOnyx:18383] Re: Hosts changing to localhost.localdomain

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Thu Sep 24 03:42:29 -05 2015

This is biting me since years. What I do is to delete /etc/hosts, reboot
the vps (then it creates a good one) and then I set it to immutable
(chattr +i).
This is far from perfect und you have to remember to remove the
immutable bit before migrating or deleting the vps but it lets you sleep
at the weekends or whenever upset customers start to call in.

HTH - Christoph