[BlueOnyx:18403] Re: Dfix error / pam_abl_gui - fixed!

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Fri Sep 25 11:00:08 -05 2015

On Sep 25, 2015, at 10:40 AM, webmaster <webmaster at oldcabin.net> wrote:

> I am in the same boat as Jeff
>
> 5208R
>
> dfix ver 1.9.19  (the free one)
>

> After last night's updated I was getting these
>
> /usr/local/sbin/dfix.sh: line 161: /usr/sausalito/bin/pam_abl_gui: No such file or directory
>
> Updated # 2 (today)
>
> yum clean all
> yum update -y
>
>  /sbin/service cced.init restart
>

> Now I am getting
>

> No such file or directory (2) while reading config file: No db_home dir specified
>

> Don't want to break something else by trying to hack (yet) so I am just waiting for the all powerful OZ to tell us what to do next
>

> Thanks
>
> —Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes, Michael put in some new updates to take care of the dFix 1.9.19 issue, but for some reason nothing would allow the pam_able.conf file to update. If you look in /etc/security, you’ll probably see a pam_abl.conf.rpmnew file. That has the new configuration for the new pam_abl stuff.

I had to use a text editor (nano for me, but you can use vi) to save the pam_abl.conf file to pam_able.conf.old (cp wouldn’t work). I then opened the .rpmnew conf file and copied the text, then opened the pam_abl.conf file and replaced the text with my copied text.

Restarted pam_able and cced:

service pam_able stop
service pam_able start
/sbin/service cced.init restart

That seems to have me back to normal. I don’t know why the normal channels wouldn’t update the conf file, however.

Regards,
Jeff