[BlueOnyx:18404] Re: 5207R & 5208R: PAM_ABL fixed and reactivated

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 25 11:02:28 -05 2015

Hi Jeff,

> I see a new pam_abl.conf saved as .rpmnew, but when I try to backup the existing file:
>
> [root at box1 security]# cp pam_able.conf pam_able.conf.old
> cp: cannot stat `pam_able.conf': No such file or directory

There should be no need to mess around with this as the cced.init
restart takes care of that. And it looks like you typed the file names
incorrectly. ;-)

The correct command for copying it would have been this:

cp /etc/security/pam_abl.conf.rpmnew /etc/security/pam_abl.conf

But like said: That is actually handled by a constructor that runs
during cced.init restart. Did you restart CCEd before trying this?

> I was able to backup the file using a text editor, then
> copied the contents of the rpmnew file into the original
> conf file after deleting the old text. Restarted pam_abl
> and cced.
>
> Now I can get to the Failed Logins and Login Manager pages.
> The ddix emails also seem to have stopped. Looks all good again.

Very well.