[BlueOnyx:18446] Re: 5209r first yum update freeze

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 30 05:56:58 -05 2015

Hi Darren,

> The first yum update after a fresh install of 5209r using
> BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.1-BETA-20150907.iso - after logging
> in via the shell, setting the ip and being asked if I want
> to perform an update, is freezing up. It stops on "Updating
> sausalito-cce-server-0.99.2-1BX03.el7.x86_64" and goes no
> further.

Sadly I can totally see that happening. :-(

It's one of those ridiculous Systemd issues that I had to work around.
This makes "yum updating" sausalito-cce-* right after a CD install
problematic.

There are some setup tasks that CCEd needs to finish. Before EL7 that
was done during first boot after CD install. So by the time you got to
the initial setup this was all done and finished.

Now with the parallel bootup of tasks of Systemd this is no longer an
option. Instead during first boot CCEd needs NOT to start. At least not
until the initial shell based setup is finished.

Well, sausalito-cce is fairly stable these days and it won't update
often anymore. But I will need to keep in mind to build a new 5209R CD
whenever it does.

I'm building a new 5209R ISO at the moment which then already has the
latest sausalito-cce.