[BlueOnyx:18445] 5209r Timezone bug

Darren Wolfe darren at intersys-group.com
Wed Sep 30 05:25:10 -05 2015

Hi,

On initial setup within chorizo, if I set the timezone to "(GMT +0:00) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" then the system time is set correctly but the timezone is not.

In the shell if I do "timedatectl status" it tells me that the timezone is "UTC (UTC, +0000)", which is not correct given that the UK observes GMT (and currently BST since we are in summer time)
The system should be setting the timezone as Europe/London. If I do this manually in the shell with "timedatectl set-timezone Europe/London", reboot and look at the timezone settings in chorizo, it says the timezone is "GMT +13. International Date Line West", which is presumably because it doesn't recognise the system set timezone.

I would ditch the Time Zone list that chorizo holds and use the iana tz database that Centos 7 itself uses, to eliminate this problem.