[BlueOnyx:20422] Re: New BlueOnyx / Aventurin{e} feature published

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 27 12:30:53 -05 2016

Hi Chris,

> Honestly, I would just prefer to have Netdata removed entirely.   The
> headache of answering so many support requests over it has been
> tiresome, especially for a piece of software that answers a question I
> didn't ask.

I'm sorry that it caused this level of frustration for you and I
understand your point. I can make a change that Netdata defaults to off
on new installs. But I'm somewhat uncomfortable now publishing a change
that rolls it back entirely and makes it optional.

Here is a quick and dirty Perl script with which you can turn off
Netdata from the CLI:

#!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/sausalito/perl
use CCE;
my $cce = new CCE;
$cce->connectuds();
(@System) = $cce->findx('System');
($ok) = $cce->set($System[0], 'Netdata', { 'enabled' => '0' });
print "Done. \n";
$cce->bye('SUCCESS');
exit(0);

If you just want to use it on the console without saving, making it
executable and running, then copy the following block below into the shell:

perl -e '#!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/sausalito/perl
use CCE;
my $cce = new CCE;
$cce->connectuds();
(@System) = $cce->findx('System');
($ok) = $cce->set($System[0], 'Netdata', { 'enabled' => '0' });
print "Done. \n";
$cce->bye('SUCCESS');
exit(0);'

When you did the copy and paste, it'll look like this on the console:

perl -e '#!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/sausalito/perl
> use CCE;
> my $cce = new CCE;
> $cce->connectuds();
> (@System) = $cce->findx('System');
> ($ok) = $cce->set($System[0], 'Netdata', { 'enabled' => '0' });
> print "Done. \n";
> $cce->bye('SUCCESS');
> exit(0);
> '
Done.

The "Done." at the end is the indicator that the script worked. It turns
off Netdata via CCE call, which will disable it, stop the service and
stop monitoring it via Active Monitor.