[BlueOnyx:19156] Re: Object doesn't support property or method 'validate' on login page

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 18 16:47:38 -05 2016

Hi Jim,

> adminica_all-min.js (1,27824)
>
> appears to be this line. Is jquery.validate supposed to be included in the login page? Appears to be missing if so.
>
> $(validate_form").validate();

I just checked. The source for the login page has this in it:

<!-- <form action="index.php" class="validate_form"> -->
<form action="/login" method="post" accept-charset="utf-8">

So I must have taken the validation out at some time. It's not really
needed there anyway, as the form validation is only supposed to run over
form fields that contain input that needs validation. The username and
password field don't really need it. But you're right: They have the
validation code still in them. I'll fix this the next time I work on
base-alpine.

Thanks for letting me know.