[BlueOnyx:19739] Re: pwauth on 5209R - not? fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 20 08:43:05 -05 2016

Hi Maurice,

>> The documentation at /root/PAM_AUTH_EXTERNAL.READ-ME has the following
>> (working) examples in it at the end:
>>
>> .htaccess usage examples:
>
> I'm afraid it is still not working for me (on 5209R).
>
> Using the .htaccess examples results in an error in apache's logfile:
> Invalid command 'AuthAuthoritative', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration

Hmm ... you are correct. The documentation seems to be wrong. This is
what I have in an .htaccess and that seems to work on my test box:

        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Restricted"
        AuthBasicProvider external
        AuthExternal pwauth
        require valid-user

Could you please check if you have this in your
/etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_authnz_external.conf?

LoadModule authnz_external_module
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_authnz_external.so
AddExternalAuth pwauth /usr/bin/pwauth
SetExternalAuthMethod pwauth pipe
AddExternalGroup unixgroup /usr/bin/unixgroup
SetExternalGroupMethod unixgroup pipe

If so, then this should actually work.

> Hope the cat is well!

Yeah, he's doing fine again. He's got a nervous stomach at times.