[BlueOnyx:19250] Where are mailman subscriber lists stored?

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Tue Mar 1 10:42:46 -05 2016

Does anyone know where the mailman subscriber lists are stored on a
5208R server?  I recently changed the membership on a mailing list from
mostly external subscribers to selecting users on the box via the
BlueOnyx GUI. Unfortunately, one of the people on the mailing list is
now not receiving emails for our most used staff mailing list. I checked
the GUI and the Mailman interface and her email is listed as a member of
this list in both places. I checked the /var/log/maillog file for where
a message was sent out to this list and there is a line in there for
every other user who this message was relayed to, but no entries for her
email at all (no errors, not sent entry, no nothing). I've just edited
the list to take her off the list and then added her back on. Rather
than wait for the next message to that list, is there a file on the
server I can check to make sure that her email is there for relaying
messages to this list? I remember there being such a file with the old
majordomo tool, but don't know where to look for mailman.

Update - after removing this member from the list and then adding her
back in (both via the BX GUI), I checked the mailman interface and there
are only 5 users subscribed. There used to be 16. Checking the BX GUI
again, yup, there are only 5 checked now. I did not un-check 11 users,
they just disappeared. So now I checked them again, saved and the list
is back to full membership. I have seen this before, where using the BX
GUI to set list membership ends up with not all selected list members
actually being saved. This is not related to the original problem I had
above, it's a different issue. Or maybe it is related and just
reflecting a different manifestation of the same issue.

--
Jim