[BlueOnyx:19283] Re: Mail Error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Mar 10 09:07:42 -05 2016

On 3/10/2016 7:56 AM, NETgemacht wrote:
> The domainname is entered for the email server alias on the vsite. I
> will check the DNS settings of the extern domain, when I get access to
> it. I think everything is configured right in the GUI and everything
> worked fine until yesterday. So it can only be an misconfiguration of
> the extern domain.

This can be a problem when customers choose to have DNS hosted
elsewhere.     We prefer this not happen, because whenever there is a
problem they of course come to us to resolve it.  When they are hosting
the DNS at a third-party service then it becomes impossible for us to
help.   This leads to frustration from the customer as well as our staff
who is powerless to correct the issue.   To be clear, the problem is not
with the BlueOnyx server in that case, but with the customer's DNS
configuration.

I hope that your customer is able to fix the trouble.  But if they are
not and you want us to have another look, you can tell us the domain
name so that we can test it for you.
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services