[BlueOnyx:19290] Re: CMU and SSL

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Mar 10 11:11:52 -05 2016

Hi Colin,

On 3/10/2016 9:45 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> This is probably a doh! question but the mysql database holds conflicting info - like user root! :)
> Presumably the cmuImport.pl will write all the necessary user info to the new server mysql database, so I do not need to import this from the old server?
> I am assuming that there is nothing from the old server mysql database that I will need to import? Just the various site databases?
>
> Am I correct.

Hmmm.  Yes, actually that may be a bit of an issue, since MySQL
permissions are stored in the "mysql" database.   Good catch.

That said, I would imagine you should be able to merge the databases.
And even if you do overwrite the "root" user, that shouldn't be much of
an issue.  You can always reset it, right?

cmuImport does not do anything at all with MySQL, it only populates the
info stored within CODB.
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services