[BlueOnyx:19293] Re: CMU and SSL

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 11:24:53 -05 2016

Hi Chris,

> On 3/10/2016 9:45 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> > This is probably a doh! question but the mysql database holds
> > conflicting info - like user root! :) Presumably the cmuImport.pl will write all
> the necessary user info to the new server mysql database, so I do not need to
> import this from the old server?
> > I am assuming that there is nothing from the old server mysql database that I
> will need to import? Just the various site databases?
> >
> > Am I correct.
>
> Hmmm.  Yes, actually that may be a bit of an issue, since MySQL
> permissions are stored in the "mysql" database.   Good catch.

Okay - so that is why I can see the usernames & passwords in there.
So I will need these.

> That said, I would imagine you should be able to merge the databases.
> And even if you do overwrite the "root" user, that shouldn't be much of an
> issue.  You can always reset it, right?

I'm just wondering whether it will mess up anything else. Merging is easy enough.

> cmuImport does not do anything at all with MySQL, it only populates the info
> stored within CODB.

Maybe see what Michael says about this - he is the guru! :)

I know he once said I could just copy back an accidentally trashed database folder from the backup and this would work (which it did).
However just copying across a folder from the old server /var/lib/mysql folder to the new server doesn't work because I have tried it! :)

Kind regards

Colin