[BlueOnyx:19343] Re: Let's Encrypt certificate generation/renewal problem.

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Thu Mar 17 09:15:37 -05 2016

> I wrote:
> > If your web server aliases are not working, then this will fail. As
> > this is known to happen from time to time on a BlueOnyx this would
> > naturally cause the renewal to fail, too.

I was about to reply that the domain didn't have any non-working aliases but
decided to check anyway, and of course that turned out to be the exact
problem.

Thank you for your response, as always,

> When you have such a long list of aliases, but "Web Server Alias
redirects"
> is ticked for the Vsite, then you really don't need to request an SSL
> certificate with all bloody aliases, right?

While you're looking at this, requesting the non-www domain over https still
redirects to the full domain when Web Alias Redirects is unticked:

eg
	http://fbid.co.uk	(this is fine)
	https://fbid.co.uk	(this redirects)

All the best,