[BlueOnyx:19410] Re: Cannot install SSL Certificate :(

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 30 22:10:00 -05 2016

Hi Colin,

> Can I just turn off SSL for admserv temporarily?
> I think I have b* it up further. :-/
> I tried creating a new self-signed cert from the CLI in
> admserv, but that didn’t fix it. Still cannot get the GUI login.
> Nothing I can see in the logs.

I'm not sure what you want to do there. Usually the GUI works on both
HTTP and HTTPs. However, through the GUI you can configure that you only
want to allow HTTPS.

If the cert is broken and you have that enabled, then you may have a
problem.

Here is how to fix that:

Fire up cceclient as "root":

[root at 5209r ~]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
100 CSCP/0.99
200 READY

Find out the Object ID of the "System" object by running "find System":

find System
104 OBJECT 1
201 OK

Once you have the OID of the "System" Object, run "get <OID>" to look at it:

get 1
102 DATA productBuild = "5209R"
102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
102 DATA productIdentity = "20151218"
102 DATA GUIaccessType = "HTTPS"
201 OK

What you're looking for there is the key "GUIaccessType". You need to
reset it to "BOTH". To do so, type this into cceclient:

set <OID> . GUIaccessType = "BOTH"

In our example with the "System" Object having OID "1" we would type this:

set 1 . GUIaccessType = "BOTH"

Once that's done CCEd will automatically reconfigure AdmServ and GUI to
allow access to both HTTP and HTTPS access of the GUI.