[BlueOnyx:19588] Re: cmuImport a Site on 5209R from 5106R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 17 19:37:34 -05 2016

Hi Dirk,

> Files with a space cannot be chmod by cmuImport.
> @Michael: Maybe you want to fix this one time.

Perhaps. I'll take a look at it.

> But the the cmuImport stops with the following error message:
>
> restoring archive for oppolzer
> ScanIn: Can't use string (201 OKsh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
> sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
> sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
> sh: -c: line 0: `echo -n "ScanIn: ") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/cmu/perl/Archive/Tar.pm line 625.'
>
> Can somebody tell me what the error is and how I can correct the issue?

That usually happens when CMU tries to shove a square pig through a
round hole. Like the User having 50MB of disk quota, but the
User-tarball contains 5GB of data.

The perl-Archive::Tar module doesn't fail gracefully. Instead it blows
up like that and CMU reports a follow on error that's not directly
related to what actually went wrong.

You might recall that during the development of the "General Migration
Utility" I commented that I wanted to replace Archive::Tar in CMU,
because it's 5-8x slower. That would also help us around this particular
issue. I did some preliminary work on that already, but it's not yet
where it needs to be.

So in the longer run this will get fixed. In the shorter run: Before you
CMU-Export make sure no Users and Vsites are over quota.