[BlueOnyx:20185] PHP 7 for EL6 based BX available, too

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Oct 22 15:02:33 -05 2016

Hi all,

PHP-7.0.12 for 5107R, 5207R, 5108R and 5208R is now available via
NewLinQ if you have a subscription that includes access to it or make a
new purchase for PHP or a bundle that includes it.

It was a complicated birth as it wouldn't compile or run properly on my
test boxes. But I finally managed to figure the various glitches out
that caused the grief with it.

So from now on we'll also have the latest (stable) PHP 7.0 version
available as add-ons for the newer versions of BlueOnyx. PHP 7.1 is also
around the corner and I don't expect any delays or surprises about its
availability for BlueOnyx once php.net deems it stable.

I won't build a PHP-7.0 for 5106R as the EOL for CentOS5 is March 31st,
2017 (five months!) and I don't want to encourage people to continue to
use 5106R until the day that support runs out.