[BlueOnyx:20194] Updates for 5207R, 5208R and 5209R published (cosmetics)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 25 00:52:39 -05 2016

Hi all,

I just published a set of updates for 5207R, 5208R and 5209R which looks
bigger than it actually is. Due to the nature of how things are spread
around the updates consist of a new CCEd, base-alpine, base-vsite and
base-user.

The changes are small and only cosmetic, though:

1.) I trimmed down the amount of jQuery scripts that the GUI uses. As is
we were pre-loading a minified include file with each GUI page load.
That contained code which the Adminica theme can use for various extra
functions. Our GUI didn't use some of the more exotic functions listed
therein, so I removed them for now in the interest of speeding up GUI
load time a little.

2.) Disk Quota input field handling: As suggested by Dirk Estenfeld I
modified the input fields for disk quota within the GUI for the
following pages:

- Server Admin creation / management
- Vsite creation / management
- User creation / management

You now have some more leeway with how you enter the disk space for
Vsites and Users, as the input field not only takes integers with a unit
(M = MB, G = GB, T = TB) such as these:

500M
100G
1T

You can now also use comas to specify "uneven" amounts of disk space:

20.51M
 5.53G
10.21T

Known caveats:
==============

In imperial or metric numeric system commas and dots have reversed
meanings. Examples:

US million: 1,000,000.00
EU million: 1.000.000,00

For the sake of simplicity the GUI will interpret the comma and the dot
as equal. So it doesn't matter if you enter 1.5G or 1,5G - both will be
treated as one-and-a-half Gig.

If you enter an even number (integer) such as "10G", "10.00G" or
"10,00G" and save, then the GUI will show "10G", because it doesn't have
to show any after-comma digits for an even number. If you enter
"10.011111G", it will show "10.01G", as it's configured to show two
digits after the comma (if it's not an integer), rounded up or down to
the closest full digit.