[BlueOnyx:20631] Re: Strange mysql issue on 5208R box

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 8 12:59:38 -05 2017

Hi Larry,

> I have a (to me) strange issue that just started yesterday
> on a 5208R box.  Appears mysqld will start grabbing memory
> and (viewing with top) go to the top of the stack and just stay
> there.  When this happens, I notice loads of spamc processes
> that appear to be just hanging and mail stops flowing (in both
> directions - eg in and out).

As Chris said: In the GUI under "Server Management" / "Network Services"
/ "AV-SPAM" go to the MySQL tab. Tick the box for "Flush MySQL" and save
the changes.

That will flush the MySQL database tables that the AV-SPAM uses.

The problem is probably that the Bayesian database has grown to an
unwieldy size and flushing it will initiate a rebuild of it from scratch.