[BlueOnyx:20650] Re: DNS query refused for policy reasons

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Feb 13 09:34:13 -05 2017

On 2/13/2017 12:56 AM, Felix Kaegi wrote:
> Thanks, Chris
>
> I don't see any BIND entries in the messages log.
> Switched on "Enable extended DNS logging" and still no trace from BIND.

You shouldn't need to do that.  Your entries should show up in
/var/log/messages as being from "named".   If you search for the domain
in question in the log, you can collect the entries pretty easily.   For
instance, if your domain is domain.tld, then you can do:
grep "domain.tld" /var/log/messages

That should give you all the log entries that reference that domain.

If you don't see that domain, or entries from named, then are you
certain that DNS is active and running on the server?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services