[BlueOnyx:20660] Re: Comment in AV-Spam network fields

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 16 12:13:10 -05 2017

Hi Chris,

> Under 520xR, would there be a way that we could add comments into the
> Whitelisted Senders field when using the AV-Spam plugin?  This field is
> under Network Settings > AV-Spam > Network.

Generally this is possible, but not with the current text-area input
field. This text-area takes IP addresses with or without netmask and the
regular expression that verifies this is already horribly complicated. I
cannot expand this to also accept optional comments.

The only doable way would be to separate IP/IP-Range and comments into
two different input fields.

Which means I'd need to turn this into a ScrollList table (like the
Vsite- or User-list) and throw in add/edit/delete buttons. And add
another GUI page that both presents the two input fields for each entry
and also handles deletion.

Which is quite a bit of work for such a small improvement. I'll see if I
can come up with something less complicated than that.