[BlueOnyx:20671] Re: AV-SPAM 6.3.0 released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 17 17:07:44 -05 2017

Hi Michael,

> One thing I thought about was to use an include file for Site Admin changes.
> This would keep them separate from real admin settings and you can then call
> that file as an include of the user_prefs file which would remove the
> restart/reload issue.

Yeah, I thought about that. But we'd still need to restart SpamAssassin
to put the changes into effect. So if we queue the changes into a
separate config file the cronjob needs to monitor this config file for
changes and do the restart if needed.

If we need the cronjob for this, we could as well let it concatenate the
contends of the siteAdmin's config file to the main config file with the
global rules, or append an include command to the end of the main config
file to load the extra-rules from this siteAdmin.

Include is certainly nicer than concatenation. Because it would be
easier to tell apart which global extra rules were made by which
siteAdmin. This would also make it easier to remove the rules (and the
include) if a Vsite is deleted or suspended.

Yeah, an include would be the better approach.