[BlueOnyx:20724] Re: Aventurin{e} 6108R & BlueOnyx 520XR: Large update coming

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 24 21:59:49 -05 2017

Hi Chris,

> I'm excited to see the performance upgrade on the GUI pages, and
> appreciate your work on this.

If you want to test it: I just published the 5209R updates to the
BlueOnyx-Testing YUM repository. To enable it, edit
/etc/yum.repos.d/BlueOnyx.repo on a 5209R and set the "enabled=0" to
"enabled=1" in the bottom section of this file.

Then:

yum clean all
yum update

The update brings about 420 RPMs aboard  - or thereabouts. I'm just
testing it on one of my production servers and so far? All good. No
issues with third party packages that are installed and use the "old
style", too. Although I'm looking forward to have these PKGs out in
overhauled fashion as well.

> Curious: do these updates impact the API for Aventurni{e} or BlueOnyx?
> Forgive my ignorance, but I was thinking that the API called some
> backend PHP stuff.  I sure wouldn't be sad about seeing some speed
> gains there.  ;)

When I "touched up" all the GUI pages I just modified the "apisettings"
page, where the API is configured. I left the other page that WHMCS
"talks to" (and the API-library) as they were for now.

I just gave it a quick look to determine if it would benefit from the
changes. The way this API page works it wouldn't. It only does
AUTH/AUTHKEY once anyway and there are no session cookies or baggage
pages with jQuery that are loaded there. So technically it's already as
fast as it gets.

The "slow" part of the API comes from all the CCEd transactions it needs
to do when you create Vsites, Users or DNS. And that part is already
pretty optimized.