[BlueOnyx:21046] Re: Time problem

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Thu May 18 03:41:57 -05 2017

.it>
Subject: [BlueOnyx:21045] Time problem

I am having a strange time problem. This is on a 5208R.

In the GUI the time is properly set to the local time and it shows it but
when you use the shell and run date you get a different time. It is not the
localtime and it is not correct UTC either.

For example right now the GUI shows 11:27 PM (GMT -7:00 Pacific Time)

UTC Time is 6:27 AM

But the date command gives 20:27:02 both in ssh and when used in a php
script. This is off by three hours and I cannot figure out why.

Anyone know how to fix this?

M Aronoff Out -  <mailto:maronoff at gmail.com> maronoff at gmail.com

Hi Michael

What I found that was the /etc/localtime was not updating when selected the
appropriate timezone in the GUI. I ran this with my appropriate timezone in
the command. Not sure if this is the best way but it worked:

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London /etc/localtime

Rich