[BlueOnyx:21049] Re: Time problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 19 13:00:27 -05 2017

Hi Darryl,

> Is there any resolution to this issue? We are experiencing the same
> problem with time being off by five hours and are receiving customer
> complaints. From command line the time is correct but in the GUI it is
> off by five hours. Correcting the GUI causes command line to be wrong.
> Vacation messages are going by the GUI time which is causing an issue.

The problem originates with a recent "tzdata" update by the OS, which
replaced /etc/localtime. If the timezone is corrected via the GUI, the
symlink /etc/localtime will be corrected and the system time should be
correct again.

However: The php.ini files also have a line for the timezone and we do
have constructors/handlers that should update all relevant php.ini
files. But: There is a bug with the constructor that updates
/etc/admserv/php.ini. I'm looking into that now.

Additionally: Services that were started with the previous timezone
settings will only be made aware of the changed timezone during their
next restart. For that reason logging timestamps or process timestamps
might still be off for a while.